A web designer is responsible for creating a site or pages, this includes the design, layout and coding, this can mean working on a brand new website or updating an already existing site.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- creating web site designs
- producing sample sites
- meeting with clients to discuss requirements and/or project progress
- demonstrating and receiving feedback about draft sites
- keeping up-to-date with recent technological and software developments
- producing products that are user-friendly, effective and appealing
- working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
There can be some pressure to meet deadlines when extra hours may be required. Promotional prospects are excellent for employees willing to change jobs regularly.